Thursday, August 09, 2012

Ah Ha August

Well it has been to warm to do anything I am seriously ready for Fall and we have at least one more month of this heat and humidity.  Most people stay indoors in the winter NOT me I stay indoors in the Summer, in the AC, oh how thankful I am for AC. 

Here is the potato salad recipe that my hubby claims is the best potato salad he has ever had!

Sweet and Spicy Potato Salad

3 lg sweet potatoes washed pealed
2lbs fingerling potatoes washed
1 red pepper diced
1/2 organic sweet onion diced
1 C. mayo
1/4 cup sweet chili sauce (Franks makes a nice one)
1 tsp season salt
1 tsp hot sauce of your choice - this will supply the heat level you choose, i used and X-tra hot sauce.

1. Boil a large pot of water, add potatoes and cook until potatoes are just tender do not overcook ~15-20minutes.
2. Drain potato's and run under cold water
3.  Mix potato's, onion, red pepper in large bowl.  Add the season salt, chili sauce, mayo and hot sauce and gently stir.

Refrigerate for at least 2hrs.
Enjoy

Craftiness...
What have I been making - fairies!!!! I have started making fairy costumes for my daughter and friends I hope to get my etsy shop up an running soon so I can sell them.. More to come on this



Sewing I started my version of a tie quilt stay tuned on this one too it is 1/4 of the way completed...

Reading...
I have been introduced to the Kindle app on my iphone and I love it!!I have downloaded tons of free amazon books and I am now back to reading.  I had stopped reading for a while because I generally read at night when the kiddos where in bed but seems my son does not like to go to bed unless I am in bed with him.... Pretty hard to read a book in the dark so the kindle app has allowed me to read again ah,  not only that I have a book with me wherever I go. 

No comments: