I found this recipe online and thought hmmm that might be good BUT it also could end up a soggy mess but it looked easy so I put my little twist on it and gave it a try AND Yummmmy it was! I am going to experiment next week with some variations to this yummy goodness
1 lbs lean ground beef
1 can crescent rolls
1/2 sweet onion finely chopped
1 dill pickle diced (use a whole pickle)
2 tbsp ketchup
1 tsp yellow mustard
2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp dill pickle juice
2 tbsp milk
2 c. shredded cheddar
1 - diced tomato
1. preheat oven to 375
2. Unroll crescent rolls and press them into the bottom and sides of an 8" pie dish.
3. Cook ground beef in skillet until brown and drain excess fat.
4. Stir in onion, pickle, ketchup and mustard.
5. Sprinkle with flour, add pickle juice and milk continue cooking until thick and bubbly
6. Remove from heat and add 1.5 cheese.
7. Pour mixture into the prepared crust and bake for 15 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and top with the diced tomatoes and serve with pickles on the side!!
kid tested - perfect 10!!!