Sunday, September 23, 2012

Welcome Fall

Is it apple season???? Maybe apple season started a few weeks ago either way I am always a little late to get started.  I like to do my apple picking when the air is crisp and it actually feels like Fall, I feel as though it is a fall activity.  I am not a fan of that mixed up time between summer and Fall, one day it is humid the next crisp and cool.  I actually have not been apple picking but others have shared their harvest with me so I have an abundance of apples.  While trying to figure out what to do with all the apple's I have, I stumbled across a recipe for Apple pull apart bread.  It was not exactly what I was looking for but I made it my own.   Here it is

Apple Pull Apart Bread


3 apples of any variety you choose diced into small pieces (3 medium sized apples should end up with 3-4 cups diced apples).

2tbs of flour

2tbs sugar

2 packages of store bought busicuits (16 buscuits total) I used Pilsbury Homestyle Grands

1/2 c. sugar

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1/2tsp nutmeg
1/4c. powder sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a bundt pan.

2. Dice apples and add 2tbs of flour and sugar to the apples.

3. Roll out each buscuit to a 4-5 inch circle and place ~2tbs of apple mixture int he center. Seal the buscuit up by folding in all the edges so no apple can escape. Repeat for each busciut.

4. In a small bowl mix 1/2c. sugar, the cinnamon and nutmeg, roll each buscuit with the apple filling in the mixture. Place apple balls in a ring in the pan (make two rings).

5. Sprinkle remaining sugar mixture over the top

6. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes remove and cover with foil bake for another 35 minutes (total baking time 55minutes)

7. Let cool 5 minutes, remove from pan and sprinkle with powder sugar.

Yummigoodness  and when it is baking wow doe sthe house smell good   Welcome FALL!!!!

No comments: