Sunday, September 30, 2012

Month ahead mom

I am striving to become a "month ahead mom"  meaning I make and plan all my dinners a month in advance. I am have achieved 2-week ahead mom today! Yay me! Chicken was on major sale this week so I purchased about 8lbs Cooked it up in varying forms and froze it so it is ready to go during the week.  I found a website where a mom makes food for a month and was inspired to try it is not as easy as it seems. You have to be organized, real organized and you have to be willing to spend several hours cooking and cleaning up after you "blow up the kitchen".  After I made chicken in many varieties, I made taco meat and some egg wraps for the bfast.  Then for a football lunch yummy Italian pull apart bread!

Here is how that goes

Italian Pull apart bread

1 loaf of Italian bread
8 oz canned mushrooms slices
1/2 med onion minced
8 oz sliced provolone cheese
3 oz sliced peperoni

1 tbs thyme
1tsp garlic powder
1/4c. dried chives
1/2 c. butter

Preheat oven to 350
1. Cut the loaf of bread lengthwise being careful not cut right through then cut in the opposite direction creating a grid of sorts.
2. Saute the onion and mushrooms in 2tbls of butter once onion is transculent stir in thyme, set aside.
3.  Insert pieces of the cheese into the slits in the bread, then do the same with the pepperoni, then the mushroom mix.
4. Melt the remaining butter and add the chives & garlic powder, drizzle butter mixture on top of the loaf.
5. Wrap the loaf in AL foil bake 15 minutes, remove foil and bake again for 10 minutes.

the entire family loved it!

No comments: