Tuesday, June 12, 2012

New name, New recipe

Well it has been a while yet again since I have added to this space.  I am trying to update this I swear.............
Why a new name???well I didn't like my original blog name, boring and unoriginal and I wanted something fun and silly.
New recipe - this is a product of thawed out chicken and an attempt to use anything I had on hand.  My goal these days is to spend as little time as possible at the grocery store.  I am trying to use everything on hand before hitting up the store.  As a result of my quest to minimize my trips to the grocery store, I have started hitting up local farmers markets (Storr's has a good one), my eggs are delivered (McV Farm) and my milk and beef are now delivered to my door each week by local farmers.  AND I am using what is in the fridge and pantry before it goes bad!

 Creamy Chicken

1-1 1/4 lbs of boneless chicken cut into 1" Pieces
2 tbsp olive oil
1 can cream mushroom soup
1/2 c. milk
1 16 oz package frozen broccoli flowers (cooked)
1 box Rotini pasta
5oz - 1/2 contianer of savory garlic Philadelphia cooking cream
Salt and Pepper

1.Saute chicken in olive oil until no longer pink season as desired with Salt and Pepper.  While the chicken is cooking steam the brocoli and cook the pasta until desired tenderness.
2. Once chicken is cooked add cream mushroom soup, cooking cream, milk and brocoli to the pan and combime heat until mixture is bubbly. 
3. Remove chicken mixture and combine with cooked pasta.

Yummmy!

Kid tested - 6 yr old gobbled it up before we were even sitting at the table and asked for seconds....

No comments: