Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Kale is it the new beef?

I bought a very large bunch of Kale Saturday at the farmers market and I had no idea what to do with it.  what did I do.... I googled it of course and I found this article, interesting stuff  http://www.organicauthority.com/health/reasons-kale-is-the-new-beef-nutritious-sustainable.html

I also found some recipes that use Kale and it inspired me to create this

2 c. roughly chopped Kale
6 oz package of baby spinach
2 tbsp Olive oil
2 cloves of garlic minced
1/2 a sweet onion diced
1.5 c. shredded mozzarella cheese blend (I used a pizza blend)
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
1 package Pillsbury dinner rolls or other store bought dough

Preheat oven to 375 or according to the dough package directions.

1. In a large skillet saute the onion in the olive oil until translucent.  Add the kale and spinach saute for 3-5 minutes.  Add the garlic and saute for 2 more minutes.
2. Fold cheese into the above mixture.
3. Roll out the dinner roll dough into a large rectangle (any bread dough works for this just that the Pillsbury is easy).  Spoon the kale spinach mixture across the long end of the bread dough and then roll over twice place seem side down on a greased cookie sheet and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
4.  Cook according to dough package directions (I cooked mine at 375 for 15 minutes)

kid tested - NO

No comments: