The New England Patriots are going to the SuperBowl Wahoooooo!!
While watching my favorite football team advance to the Super Bowl I whipped up homemade Chicken Parm during half time. I had already made lots of picky food for my family to munch on while watching the game so I did NOT feel like spending a lot of time in the kitchen prepping dinner, SO I whipped up chicken parmesan during half time it was ready to pop in the oven at the end of the game. Here is what I did!
Halftime Chicken Parm
1-1.5 lbs boneless chicken breasts (skip tenderizing and buy thin skinless chicken breast)
1 c. Italian bread crumbs
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 c. parmesan cheese
1 tbs water
1 jar of store bought spaghetti sauce or 4 c. homemade sauce ( make a large batch of homemade sauce and freeze so you always have homemade sauce on hand).
1 lbs. whole wheat linguine
2 c. Italian blend shredded cheeses
1. Coat a skillet with olive oil and heat over med heat. While oil is heating tenderize each chicken breast and cut in half set aside
2. In one small bowl beat egg with water and in another small bowl mix bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
3. Dip each breast one at a time, in the egg mixture then in the bread crumb mixture, coat evenly. Place the coated breasts in the skillet and brown on each side about 5 minutes each side.
4. Transfer the chicken to a 13x9" pan top with sauce and the 2c. Italian blend shredded cheeses.
5. Refrigerate until ready to bake (no more than 24hrs). Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
6. Serve with whole wheat linguine and Italian bread.
Wow I was pretty impressed I was done preparing this dish by the time the second half of the game kicked off.