My first recipe post, finally...
1lbs ground turkey
1lbs ground beef
1/2 yellow onion diced
3 tbs olive oil
1-14.5 oz can of white cannellini beans drained and rinsed
1- 14.5 oz can of baked beans
1-can petite diced tomato's
1- 8 oz can of tomato sauce
3 tbs. chili powder
1 minced clove of garlic
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Heat olive oil in skillet, dice onion and saute until soft (~3 minutes).
2. Add the ground beef to the onions and saute until no longer pink. Remove from pan and set aside. Add turkey to skillet and saute until no longer pink.
3. In a large pot combine all remaining ingredients and stir over medium high heat.
4. Once all ingredients are combined and simmering add the beef, onion and turkey.
5. Allow to simmer for 1hr before serving. Serve with shredded cheddar.